According to Risk Category
- The 'Malnutrition Universal Screening Tool' ('MUST') is a simple validated 5 step nutrition screening tool to identify malnutrition risk category.
- Where use of a screening tool is not possible or practical, clinical judgement may be used.
- Actions to manage malnutrition should be linked to the degree of malnutrition risk.
Pathway for using Oral Nutritional Supplements (ONS) in the Management of Malnutrition
Where individuals require (or already have) a prescription of ONS, the actions in this pathway will guide you in:
- Setting goals.
- Deciding on dose and duration of ONS.
- How and when to monitor progress.
- How to discontinue ONS prescription or escalate treatment depending on progress.
To view an interactive version of the pathway, click View.
To download or see the pathway as it appears in the document, click Download.